Friday, March 28, 2008

Kushies

Yesterday I ran across some baby booties by Kushies in the Carnegie Museum of Art store (they are branching out and diversifying I suppose). They were very stretchy and so perfect for clothing babies. At two for $11 I didn't think they were too overpriced but since our splurge over the weekend at the Japanese store in DC, I was reticent to continue buying. Plus they were sized 0-3 months and yet had non-slip soles - what baby walks before 11-12 months? But there were cute enough for me to look up their website http://www.kushies.com/ and browse through it and their online catalog - which is very well done in Flash with turnable pages. That's the way online books should be and maybe in the near future they will be. Then will fingers get fat for lack of exercise? Hardly, since with typing at the computer, they already get more exercise than in the past. The only problem with the Kushies catalog is that you can't order directly from the catalog pages but have to go to a separate online buying site.

They have reusable fitted cloth diapers. I'm not sure how to convince Will and Jen to use cloth diapers rather than disposables. I did it for all 3 kids and was very dissatisfied with disposable diapers when I did use them on trips. Plus the Kushies diapers are so colorful and cute - ours were just plain white.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree. cloth diapers are the way to go. I never realized how many diapers kids go though until I was on Pediatrics. if those little buggers are running through 5-6 a day times two years!!! That's like 4000 diapers! That just about cancels any good will may have done with his Prius. Although there is the water and soap used for cloth diapers. hmmm...I say just let the baby roam free and unprotected!